AFTER CARE FOR YOUR LASH EXTENSIONS
Aftercare is about retaining your eyelash extensions, and protecting your natural lashes.
- Try not to wet your eyelashes for 24 hours after your procedure. When you have a shower, make the water as cool as possible, and your shower as quick as possible and avoid wetting your face.
- Do not use waterproof mascara on your eyelashes. A water soluble mascara or one designed specifically for eyelash extensions is fine to use as your need for a refill draws close but most people find they no longer require mascara. NOTE: mascara also closes the fans on your volume lashes, making them look like a classic.
- Do not use cleansers, makeup removers or moisturisers that contain oil or solvents on your eyes, as these will compromise the bonding agent used to adhere your eyelashes. Eyeliner also often contains oils.
- Rinse your lashes every day to wash away oil and debris and prevent premature shedding and/or infection.
- Pat your eye area to dry. Do not rub your lash extensions.
- Never pull your eyelash extension off as it will pull out your natural eyelash. If you need them removed, we can offer you this service. If you have one that is tangling and reeking havoc, book in a Free Consultation and I'll remove the problem lash.
- Do not perm or tint your eyelash extensions.
- Do not use eyelash curlers on your eyelashes.
- Book your next eyelash refill at 2 to 4 week intervals in order to maintain your optimum eyelash effect.
- If you're rubbing them off in your sleep, a satin pillowcase can help minimise lash loss and damage.
#1 Shape your eyelashes each day using the lash brush you were given at your treatment.
#2 Keep a small face towel in easy reach so that you can rinse then gently pat your eyes in the event that any hair washing products you use end up near your eye area.
#3 Want a spray tan? Get it done 2-3 days before you lash treatment. Spray tan solution contains nourishing oils for your skin, but oil breaks down the lash glue. If you HAVE to get them done at the same time, you need to know that you may lose lashes prematurely as the lashes will have absorbed some of the oils and this will affect the bond.